Choosing your integration model
Part 1: Choosing which assets to trade
Many types of assets are available to trade on DriveWealth. Each has unique attributes of marketability and safety, and each typically has its own requirements to offer in your local region.
- Equities — stock in companies or other assets
- Mutual Funds — pooled investments into many types of assets
- Crypto — digital currencies and tokens
Part 2: Deciding how to manage customers
DriveWealth offers an Account Management product to handle customer-facing brokerage functions, like tracking how many shares each customer holds and providing them with tax forms. While you can optionally build these services on your own, most partners elect for DriveWealth to handle these functions.
Using the Account Management product is often referred to in the brokerage world as a fully disclosed relationship, because your customers’ details are disclosed to DriveWealth.
|With Account Management enabled||Without Account Management|
|DriveWealth executes and holds all assets||DriveWealth executes and holds all assets|
|DriveWealth tracks each customer’s owned positions and cash||Partner builds a “books and records” database|
|DriveWealth generates official brokerage documents (statements, trade confirmations/contract notes)||Partner generates documents based on its own records|
|DriveWealth reports and pays certain taxes on behalf of customers||Partner handles tax calculation and payments|
|DriveWealth adjusts for corporate actions (dividends, etc.) to each customer||Partner calculates appropriate corporate action for each customer|
Part 3: Planning your investment experience
The DriveWealth platform supports many different types of experiences, some designed totally by you, and some designed with the help of some of our add-on products.
Consider for your customers:
- Self-directed vs. advised — should customers decide what to trade? Or will you manage their money for them?
- Automated investing — should customers be able to invest automatically? Check out specific solutions DriveWealth provides for this use case.
- Rewards — should customers be awarded stock for certain activities, like opening an account or using other features in your ecosystem?
Updated about 2 months ago